How we work?
Our promise to our customers:
All customers get a sketch or drawing, with measurements, so that they know exactly what they are getting.
We like to make sales of loft beds in person, after a first meeting, in which we show wood samples, and make sketches.
We will give you our Change Order policy, in writing, before we start work.
Since we are licensed contractors, you have a "Right to Cancel the Sale within Three Days" at the time of sale.
What we believe:
1. "What is most essential is the practice of attention." Don’t rush. Give yourself time. Give yourself compassion.
2. Work without distractions. Work with a sober crew. We seek out coworkers who have made a commitment to lead clean, sober, mindful lives. “Turn to reality, and annihilate fantasy.” -YuanWu, Zen Letters
3. Be honest about your experience, knowledge, and ignorance. Learn.
4. Build to last. Build with care for the Earth. Build with passion and compassion, for the customer and co-workers.
5. Take care of the tools. Save extra materials. Take an extra 30 seconds here and there to be in the moment. Clean up. Wrap up cords. Think how you can do little things to keep a safer workplace.
6. Wear a tool belt.
7. Work with nature. Design and build in a way that is integrated with nature, not to conquer nature. Re-use materials from the demolition.
8. Go the extra mile. Give customers something extra.
9. Embrace architecture. Don't over-revere the theoretical, but apply it. Some of the most essential philosophers in history were carpenters. Think of Whitman building houses in Brooklyn. Jesus said “cleave the wood and there am I."
10. Take "morning break." Teach each other tai chi, stretches, breathing exercises, yoga or zazen during morning break.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for LoftbedsNYC.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
See what data we have about you, if any.
Change/correct any data we have about you.
Have us delete any data we have about you.
Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.